April Fools Day is celebrated around the world on April 1st in a tradition of being one of the most light-hearted days of the year.
This is the recipe that had Liana Werner-Gray lose followers yesterday.
"It's understandable," she says "that people would unfollow my social media accounts at first glance of this image! Especially if they had only just heard about The Earth Diet a few days earlier, they might think 'Oh gosh this girl is promoting a recipe with white flour and corn syrup... And steroids!! Yep she has no idea what she's doing." Liana laughs,
"But you know it's the only day of the year that I suppose it's ok to lose followers."
"I enjoy participating in April Fools day because it reminds us to lighten up and laugh. Sometimes we can take life a little too seriously."
"The people who know me and who have been living The Earth Diet for years knew it was a joke after seeing just the top 2 ingredients." She added.
- 1 cup of a flour alternative, for example almond flour, TigerNut flour, buckwheat, or at the very least organic white flour.
- 1 tbsp of a natural sweetener, for example maple syrup, honey or coconut sugar
- Organic eggs or for a vegan substitute a flax meal egg replacement (Recipe for this in The Earth Diet Book)
- 3 tbls of a natural protein instead of whey, for example a Hemp Protein, TigerNut Protein or Pea Protein
- Organic oil for frying for example extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil or TigerNut oil.
Real recipes like this can be found in Liana's book at TheEarthDiet.com